Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello, Internets!

Welcome to the first post on my new blog. Having gotten so much good advice from various training blogs over the years, I decided to start my own. As one of my favorite philosophers once said, allow me to re-introduce myself:

My name is Craig MacPherson, and I'm from a small town in New Hampshire called Derry. I ran one season of cross country and track when I was in 8th grade, but didn't really get serious about running until my sophomore year of high school. I ran for Pinkerton Academy in Derry (and regardless of what some people have said, I was not "recruited" to run for the private school- Derry doesn't have a public high school and the town paid my tutition for me to go to Pinkerton, which is funded through very high property taxes in Derry).

Currently, I'm a sophomore at Keene State College in Keene, NH, where I run for the team there and am coached by Peter Thomas, who, I'm convinced, is one of the best middle- and long-distance coaches in the country. I'm a miler by preference, but I run everything from the 4x400 relay to the 5000 on the track. I hate cross country, but I love (and specialize in) track.

This year I'm hoping to have something of a breakout-- last year, in my first collegiate season, I managed to lower my mile PR from 4:20.2 (1600) to 4:10.44 (legit mile). This was despite adjusting to college life, (much!) harder training, etc. I'm hoping to further lower my personals bests across the board, and I'll be chronicaling this hoped for improvement on this blog.

See you next week!

Craig

Anyway, I'll keep this first post succinct. I'll be posting about once a week with the week's training and any other thoughts I might have. Feel free to leave comments or email me.

1 comment:

  1. I look foward to reading this blog, good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete